Friday 15 June 2012

Packed and ready to go!

Welcome!

If you've hopped over here from my regular blog you'll know that I do some freelance language editing from time to time.  Editing Slovak English in fact!  This can prove variously deadly boring, highly entertaining, very occasionally lucrative, but more often than not just quite interesting and an intellectual challenge.

It all started about 8 years ago when I needed to know how to say 'Happy Christmas' in Slovak for reasons I won't elaborate here!  I contacted www.english.sk and duly had my question answered and in that question developed a cyber friendship and gradually working relationship with Peter.

I visited him a number of years ago in Bratislava and then he came to visit us some years later.  So this is a return trip for me but a first visit for Connie.

So, what triggered heading East again ... a piece of editing of course!  6 weeks ago I edited a press release for an Andy Warhol (and friends) exhibition at the eponymous museum located in his parents birth town in the far East of Slovakia, hence the 'almost Poland'quip!  It sounded so interesting Mr Grok suggested I go along.

And go along I am, and taking Connie too, as an epic 60 th birthday celebration for her.

More to follow as the days unfold.

3 comments:

  1. See, it's that easy, select Anonymous, fill in the box, sign and Publish!

    Cavegirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelda and Connie - have a great trip. Hope you enjoying better weather than we have here! Downright miserable! See you when you get back. Will let you know how I get on on Monday! xx Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a very happy birthday to Connie! xx Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete

You don't have to be a member of blogger to comment here. It is set for anyone to, just select anonymous on the drop down. But do sign the comment to say who you are please!